Miller Industrial Fluids is an outgrowth of Superior Oil, which entered into business in 1932 in Indianapolis, Indiana as a fuel and lubricants jobber. As Superior grew they became focused on the solvent and chemical market while continuing to be a small player in the lubricants business.
Industrial Lubricant and Metalworking Fluids Focus
In 1979, the Industrial Oil Division was formed to refocus on the lubricants and metalworking market. Changes in regulations and insurance considerations that occurred during the 1980’s were the impetus for separating the two fields of business. In 1988, Superior purchased Miller Oil, an oil jobber in Columbus, Indiana and retained the name for its Industrial Oil Division.
Miller Custom Formulated Lubricants and Metalworking Fluids
In the early 1980’s Miller, while still part of Superior, started formulating its own line of lubricants and metalworking fluids. Our products have grown in popularity and today represent the largest segment of our business.
Continued Growth of Miller’s Custom Blending Operation
In 1991 Miller purchased the land and building at our current location and the company was “spun off” from Superior Oil to operate as a separate entity. Miller expanded its facility in 1996 to include more than 50 bulk tanks most of which are in a self-contained, heated warehouse. In 2002, Miller added an updated blending area that included six jacketed blending kettles. Miller is currently expanding its aqueous blending area with the addition of two polypropylene blending kettles. Miller is committed to continued growth, improvement of our manufacturing and service capabilities and dedicated to the long-term success of our customers.